Friday, January 13, 2012

On Ovulation

I've found that I'm quite a bit anxious this month for ovulation to finally arrive. I seem to ovulate shortly after cycle day 20...it's varied in the two months I've temped, but always AFTER day 20. As that time period rapidly approaches, I find that I'm getting more and more on board with 'making a baby' for lack of a better phrase.

I'm enjoying myself...well, we both are, because with all the focus on NOT conceiving for the past three years, and then the previous pregnancy with all its complications, sex has not been what it's meant to be for quite some time. That's not to say we haven't been finding creative ways to satisfy one another in the meantime! it's just that it's infinitely more enjoyable and relaxing to be able to turn to the one you love in the middle of the night without all the complications and concerns that come with 'prevention'.

Anyway, as ovulation nears, I'm also keenly aware of my cycle dates, of the lifespan of sperm, of the intimate goings on of my body as it prepares itself for the possibility of a pregnancy. It's a lot to think about. And such an amazing thing that we are even capable of...to create another life...simply amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment